SHORT VIDEO COMPETITION: Show us your worksite!
Wednesday 30th January 2019
The AWU is Australia’s most historic and diverse blue-collar trade union. As members, we should all be proud of that.
With National Conference 2019 just around the corner, we are asking members to help us celebrate the diverse group of working people that make up our great union.
That's why we're asking members to send us a short video highlighting the incredible work you do every day.
We are asking members to be creative in demonstrating the incredible work they do on a daily basis and any other expressions of union solidarity. The intent is to show off the diversity, strength, and unity of our union through the eyes of our members.
The best entries received will be featured in the 2019 National Conference video and will go into a competition to win some excellent prizes.
To be eligible, you need to record a short 10 to 30-second video of anything related to your job and send it to us. Creative entries are encouraged.
How to enter:
- Join the Facebook Group by clicking here and then clicking the join button
- Post your video into the group with the name of your worksite.
- And that's it, you're in the draw!
There's a number of prizes up for grabs for the best entries, runner-ups and also a random lucky-chance draw.
- GoPro White for the 3 best video entries.
- 3 x $200 JB HiFi vouchers for runner-up best entries.
- 5 x $100 Bunnings vouchers randomly drawn.
- In addition, the AWU Organiser responsible for each of the 3 winning worksites will receive a $200 JB HiFi voucher.
For your entry to count towards the competition, your video needs to:
- Be at least 10 seconds but no longer than 30 seconds.
- Be of something unique in your industry or workplace.
- Be shot with your mobile phone.
- Be shot in landscape (phone sideways).
- Be creative.
REMEMBER: Please be sure to consult with your employer and or Organiser to ensure the footage you are intending to record is approved for use. This is important.
Multiple entries are encouraged, as long as your additional entries are different and unique.
Entries are open from today and close on 28 February 2018. National Conference is our highest decision-making body and is held every 2 years. We want to showcase the work we do at the most important event our union holds.
The AWU family extends across hundreds of industries around Australia, so be sure to get creative. Together we can make something incredible.