We are hiring! - AWU Organiser in Cairns
Are you looking for a career with an organisation that is dedicated to improving the lives of working people?
The Australian Workers’ Union (AWU) is the nation’s oldest blue-collar trade union representing over 90,000 working men, women and their families.
The AWU Queensland Branch is currently seeking to employ a new full-time Organiser in the Cairns region to assist members in gaining and exercising power in their workplaces, industries and communities.
Click here for a detailed Position Description.
Key Selection Criteria
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Good knowledge of Union operations;
- Relevant employment history in the Industrial Relations field or Union movement, including previous experience as a delegate or workplace activist;
- Commitment to Union values and principles;
- Good knowledge of the Australian Industrial Relations system;
- Demonstrated experience in campaigning;
- Excellent time management and organisation skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills;
- A current driver's licence;
- Computer skills;
- Capacity to obtain Right of Entry Permits (Fit and Proper)
How to apply for this job
Applications must include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and a current resume. Applications should be submitted by post or email to:
AWU – Queensland Branch
GPO Box 88, Brisbane QLD 4001
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: AWU Qld Organiser Role - Cairns.
For more information, please contact the AWU Queensland Branch on 1800 QLD AWU (753 298)
Applications close 5pm on Friday 18 August 2017